The almond is a species of tree native to the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent and North Africa. “Almond” is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree.
Almond is a great food for wellness and overall health. It has more health benefits than any other nuts. Almonds are rich in antioxidants, proteins and minerals.
Health benefits of almond
- Almonds are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic and palmitoleic acids. These fatty acids can cut down the level of harmful LDL cholesterol and increase the level of essential HDL cholesterol in your body.
- The omega 3 fatty acids in almonds can regulate the sugar level, blood pressure, reduce body fat, boost immune system and maintain muscle mass.
- Almonds contain a number of vital brain nutrients such as riboflavin and L-carnitine. These nutrients help to improve your brain activity.
- The high phosphorous content in almonds can improve the strength of bones and teeth.
- The presence of Vitamin E and magnesium in almonds can reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- The folic acids in almonds can prevent the growth of fatty plaque in arteries.
- The high level of antioxidants in almonds boosts your immune system, fight against free radical that can cause many medical conditions, protect your heart and eyes and repair damaged cells.
- The alkali materials in almonds can strengthen the immune system. So the daily intake of almonds makes your body less prone to diseases.
- The minerals like manganese and copper present in almonds can boost the energy level of your body.